The TANG3O 2019 conference will be hosted by the University of Tasmania on the 6 – 7 November 2019, in the Earth Sciences Lecture Theatre, Clark Rd, Sandy Bay 7005, Tasmania.
Note: Abstract deadline has been extended to 10th October!
The TANG3O 2019 conference will aim to promote, encourage collaboration, enhance technical developments and technique implementation for the Australian geochronological, geochemical, and geological communities. This conference is a great opportunity for collaboration between researchers, instrument manufacturers and other stakeholders.
Due to very generous contributions from the AuScope organisation, CODES and instrument manufacturers IsotopX, CAMECA AMETEK, Applied Spectra, Teledyne CETAC, Agilent and ThermoFisher, we are able to offer:
- No charge for registration, short course or dinner
- $1000 in student prizes
- Student travel bursaries
- LADR laser ablation short course – 5th November (afternoon)
Student travel bursaries: For students travelling from interstate, TANG3O will be awarding a travel bursary (flights) to attend. To apply, please email Sebastien (email@example.com) with 1. Your abstract, 2. The cost of your return flight to Hobart, 3. Why the bursary will assist you? Bursaries will be awarded based on how your abstract aligns with the TANG3O objectives: https://tang3o.org/ and the articulated need for the funds.
LADR short course:
On the afternoon of 5th November, Leonid Danyushevsky will present a short course describing the use of LADR laser ablation in geochronology. The workshop will:
- Present the capabilities and workflow in LADR for processing U-Pb LA-ICPMS analyses, including loading data, setting-up quantification protocols and options, common Pb correction on calibration reference materials, error propagation, and data export.
- Outline further developments planned for release next year.
- There will be an opportunity for participants to provide feedback on current capabilities and future developments.
Accommodation options: There are a number of hotels in the vicinity of the University, including:
- Grosvenor Court Apartments: https://grosvenorcourtapartments.com.au/
- Blue Hills Motel: https://www.blue-hills-motel.hotelsone.com/
- Wrest Point Casino: https://www.wrestpoint.com.au
- Bay Hotel Apartments: https://www.bayhotelapartments.com.au
- St Ives Motel: https://www.stivesmotel.com.au
- Motel 429: https://www.motel429.com.au/
- Battery Point Manor: http://www.batterypointmanor.com.au/
- The Mayfair Plaza Hotel: http://www.mayfairplaza.com.au/